- Pubs & Hotels
- Join Us
- The Brewery
- Tours & Functions
The Millers Arms in Mill Lane, Canterbury, is preparing to welcome summer visitors with an enhanced space and a fresh, contemporary feel following a £100,000 refurbishment by Kent brewers Shepherd Neame.
The whole of the downstairs has been redesigned and redecorated, combining modern materials with character furniture to give a clean, new look that remains sympathetic with the building’s origins.
Licensee Paul Henderson said: “The design uses chrome and wood – including a captain’s table from a ship – and some of the original flagstones have been reinstated. We have a new bar and the conservatory has been reworked to create more space for customers.”
The restaurant area has been redecorated, the kitchen extended and the outside of the pub has also been freshly painted.
And with The Marlowe Theatre set to re-open this autumn following its own extensive refurbishment, the Millers Arm – a short walk away in Mill Lane – is perfectly situated to offer pre and post-entertainment refreshment.
The Millers Arms, built in 1826 to serve local mill workers, occupies a prime spot in the centre of Canterbury overlooking the Cathedral, making it a perfect base for visitors to the World Heritage Site and Kent’s coastal resorts and countryside.
As well as a lively bar and restaurant, the pub has 11 en-suite rooms with modern facilities as well as a courtyard garden and an inglenook fireplace.
Popular with visitors to the town, the Millers Arms is also a busy community pub, hosting quiz nights, a book club and a theatre society.