- Pubs & Hotels
- Join Us
- The Brewery
- Tours & Functions
Diners can sample some wonderfully complementary tastes thanks to fine food and beer matching evenings to be held at Shepherd Neame pubs throughout 2011.
The evenings offer a range of appetizing courses matched to Shepherd Neame beers, while senior brewer Stewart Main provides expert commentary between courses.
Fine food and beer matching evenings are being held at the following:
• Sun Inn, Faversham – February 15
• Griffin’s Head, Chillenden – March 2
• Royal Albion, Broadstairs – March 16
• Ye Olde Beverlie, Canterbury – April 6
• Woodman, Farnborough – April 20
• Adelaide, Teddington – May 17
• Bush, Blackbird & Thrush, East Peckham – June 14
• FitzWalter Arms, Goodnestone – July 19
• Dove, Dargate – September 13
• Lock & Barrel, Frinton-on-Sea – October 19
• Royal Albion, Broadstairs – November 9
• Belle Vue, Ramsgate – November 22
The year’s first event, at the historic Sun Inn, will feature such delicacies as pan-fried fillets of sea bass with mussel and crayfish paella accompanied by Hurlimann lager; tandoori spiced fillets of cod with masala lentils complemented by Kingfisher Premium lager; and gratin of barn-reared chicken with smoked bacon, sausage and haricot beans accompanied by Early Bird.
Stewart Main said: “This is a chance for diners to discover how well Shepherd Neame beers go with some delicious foods. I talk about the brewing process and the particular attributes of the beer. So it is an interactive, educational and entertaining evening.”